This is a showcase of small business lenders in the DC area. All business owners (or those who are about to startup) are invited to come. The event features DC-area community development financial institutions (CDFI), which are non-profits that the US Government supports through SBA funding to help finance people and businesses that banks may deny, due to their policies.
You will find this event useful if:
- Your business is less than two years old
- Your personal credit is less than perfect
- You need a loan of $250,000 or below
- You have a large project, and are seeking additional funding to finance it fully
- You have approached traditional banks and they have told you "no", but you believe in your business and can make a financial case for the loan
CDFIs who will present include: NCRC Women’s Business Center, Latino Economic Development Center, Life Assets, WACIF, and ECDC. The event is done in partnership with the Small Business Administration.
At this event you will:
- Have a chance to think like an investor, playing the part of a family philanthropic officer, startup small business entrepreneurs will pitch to YOU.
- Be introduced to five community lenders and the SBA
- Be able to meet with lenders one on one to make your plans for business financing.
- Walk out of the event with an action plan for the next steps for your business.
If you will participate in the one on one consultations, please prepare your basic business plan, by answering the following questions:
- What do you/your business do? Since when?
- What is you and your team's experience this far?
- Why are you/your company better at this?
- Metrics of success: Revenue earned so far, revenue earned / month, # clients served, # people employed, amount of savings/time you've already invested in your business
- What do you want to do with a loan for your business? How will a loan help you accomplish those goals?
- How much are you seeking? How did you arrive to this number (provide a simple budget)
5:30-6:00 - Networking
6:00 - 6:45 - Introduction and Lending Panel
6:45 - 8:00 - One-on-one consultations and networking
740 15th St NW
Washington, DC 20005
Google map and directions